Adult and child holding hands.

Photo by Tawheed Manzoor is licensed under CC BY 2.0

We are here to help!

Each Rent Escrow Account Program (REAP) case is unique, and we are here to help you understand the requirements of REAP with respect to your property. If you would like to speak to us about the specifics of your REAP case, please contact us at the numbers below, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday:

Phone: (844) 864-REAP
Fax:     (213) 808-8810
TTY:    Due to technological changes, if TTY is needed to contact us, please use Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) such as Text-to-Voice TTY-based TRS, Speech-to-Speech Relay Service, Shared Non-English Language Relay Services, Captioned Telephone Service; IP Captioned Telephone Service, Internet Protocol Relay Service, or Video Relay Service.

Or email

If you are new to REAP and would like additional information about the program, we would encourage you to attend one of our regularly scheduled workshops.


HCIDLA currently has organizations available to assist you with your property in REAP. Their services are provided free of charge, and are designed to provide you with information about your rights and responsibilities under REAP.

Each REAP case will be assigned two outreach contractors, one to provide services primarily to tenants, and one to provide services primarily to you, as the property owner. Please contact the HCIDLA REAP/UMP Unit, at the phone number above, to find out which contractor has been assigned to your case.

The organization that provides services primarily to landlords has extensive property management experience, and can assist you in understanding REAP. They can explain the orders that have been issued by HCIDLA, and what needs to be done to address the violations that were cited.

The organizations that provide services primarily to tenants are available to provide you their opinion as to whether work has been satisfactorily  completed on the property. Before scheduling an inspection with an HCIDLA inspector for a property in REAP, please contact your tenant outreach contractor so that they may provide you with their advisory opinion as to the status of the work that has been completed. The services of the outreach contractors are provided free of charge, whereas the Department charges for its Code Enforcement inspections. As such, we highly recommend that you take advantage of these site visits to limit the need for repeated inspections by the Department’s inspectors. If you are having trouble accessing your units to make repairs, the tenant outreach contractors can work with the tenant to make arrangements for you to access the units.

Services Primarily for Tenants

Coalition for Economic Survival
514 Shatto Place #270
Los Angeles, CA 90020
(213) 252-4411

Inner City Law Center
1309 E. 7th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90021
(213) 891-2880

152 W 32nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
(213) 745-9961 x. 221

Services Primarily for Landlords

The Eberly Company
8383 Wilshire Blvd, Ste. 906
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(323) 937-6468

Comments are closed.