FREE! Child Saving Accounts (CSA) to help you and your family save for college!
Opportunity L.A. is a free savings account with an initial $50 deposit for Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) students. The City and County of Los Angeles, along with LAUSD, are working together to provide every first-grader with a Children’s Savings Account (CSA).
The program will begin Spring 2021 at a select number of schools.
Did you know?
Students with college savings are:
- 3 times more likely to go to college and
- 4 times more likely to graduate from college.
Benefits of a Child’s Savings Account
- A children’s savings account can help you and your child save money for their education.
- Enrolled LAUSD students will receive a $50 deposit.
- Additional deposits can be made by students and families in person and online.
- Savings accounts are available to students regardless of student or parent’s income, background, or immigration status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Opportunity LA is the first children’s savings account (CSA) program in the greater Los Angeles area. Beginning in the spring, accounts will be automatically opened with a $50 deposit for first-grade students enrolled in select schools.
There is no cost to a student or a family to participate in
In the case of a family emergency, the student or parent/guardian may request an early withdrawal of some or all contributions in the student’s account. **Restrictions
The funds in the student’s CSA account can only be used to help with education costs after high school. *See program rules and guideline for details
No, the funds are held by the City of Los Angeles for the student and cannot be counted as part of household income.