The Commission on Community and Family Services advises the City’s leadership on issues of poverty, and the needs of children, youth and their families. It does this by providing guidance on how HCIDLA implements the Community Development Block Grant Program and other funding initiatives; ensure that the community provides input to housing development plans; facilitate an efficient social services delivery system in coordination with government, nonprofit agencies and other stakeholders that would help communities out of poverty, and make policy recommendations.
Meet our commissioners
We invite you to meet our commissioners and how they’re working to help our community and families out of poverty and into self-sufficiency.
- Benjamin Torres, President
- Deborah Marcus, Vice President
- Robinne Burrell , Commissioner
- Carmen Chang, Commissioner
- Kelli Dillon, Commissioner
- Ingrid Estrada, Commissioner
- Jacquelynn Hawthorne, Commissioner
- Loretta Lopez Herndon , Commissioner
- Amelia Herrera-Robles, Commissioner
- Dr. Mariedel Leviste, Commissioner
- Tara Maxey, Commissioner
- Jesse Noonan , Commissioner
- Rebecca Pleitez, Commissioner
- Rashad Trapp-Rucker, Commissioner
- Jesse Wilson, Commissioner
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
The Commission on Community & Family Services invites you to attend our events and board meetings. Due to Covid-19, the meetings have shifted from monthly meetings to quarterly meetings until further notice. Please join us at our quarterly meetings: February 1st, 2021, May 3rd, 2021, August 2nd,2021, and November 1st, 2021. The meetings are held at 9:30 a.m. through zoom. Meeting agendas are generally finalized one week in advance.
Get involved & learn more
For more information, please contact Olivia Mitchell , via email at email@example.com.